The National Residence Hall Honorary is a leadership-based honorary organization comprised of residential students who value recognition and service. NRHH is best known for the following:
- Leadership Retreat, Leadership Summit & other leadership development opportunities
- Quarter Auction & St. Baldrick’s Shave for the Brave fundraisers
- Volunteering events in the community
- Of the Month (OTM) awards, End of the Year Awards Ceremony, & other recognition events or efforts
Applying for Membership
NRHH has established an ongoing application system called Candidate Membership. This allows interested members to begin involvement with NRHH and work towards becoming an inducted member within their second semester with the organization. To apply for Candidate Membership, complete the 2023-2024 Candidate Membership Application.
Qualifications for Candidate Membership
- Live in the residence halls during time of application
- Exhibit outstanding leadership and service within the halls through their actions and participation as a resident, leader, and candidate member of NRHH
- Complete a Candidate Membership Application
Expectations of Candidate Members
Candidate Members participate in a Point System in which members must obtain 15 points to be eligible for induction into the Scarlet & Cream Chapter. Candidate Members can track their points using an online point tracker. The points are earned as follows:
- Submit required application – 1 Point
- Reach out and interact with an Executive Board member – 1 Point
- Attend scheduled NRHH meetings – 2 Points each
- Attend added meetings deemed necessary by the President – 1 Point each
- Submit a quality OTM – 2 Points each
- Attend NRHH events – 3 Points each
- Leadership positions associated with Residence Life - 1 point each
- Leadership positions on campus - 0.5 points each
Candidate Members may qualify for induction in Fall 2023 on November 12th if they complete 15 points by Friday, November 3rd, 2023. Otherwise Candidate Members will be inducted during the semester they complete their point qualifications.
All membership applications will be anonymously evaluated by NRHH members as they are submitted. Applicants will be notified of their status on a rolling basis. You will be notified of your application decision the Wednesday following your submission. Those who have completed their Candidate Membership points requirements (15 points) by the semester deadline will be requested to attend Membership Induction.
Membership Induction for the Fall 2023 class is tentatively scheduled for November 12th, 2023. If you submit an application, we ask that you please hold time in your calendar to be able to intend NRHH Induction if you are selected for membership once the final date for induction has been shared.