The National Residence Hall Honorary is a leadership-based honorary organization comprised of residential students who value recognition and service. NRHH is best known for the following:
- Leadership Summit & other leadership development opportunities
- Quarter Auction & our Annual St. Baldrick’s fundraiser
- Volunteering events in the community
- Of The Month (OTM) awards & other recognition events or efforts
If you are interested in learning more about NRHH email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at our weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 5pm via Zoom.
Applying for Membership
NRHH is establishing an ongoing application system called Candidate Membership. This allows interested members to begin involvement with NRHH and work towards becoming an inducted member within their second semester with the organization. To apply for Candidate Membership, complete the 2020-2021 Candidate Membership Application.
Qualifications for Candidate Membership
- Live in the residence halls during time of application
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Exhibit outstanding leadership and service within the halls through their actions and participation as a resident, leader, and candidate member of NRHH
- Complete the Candidate Membership Application by October 11, 2020 at 11:59 PM
Expectations of Candidate Members
Candidate Members participate in a Point System in which members must obtain 15 points during the semester of application to be eligible for induction into the Scarlet & Cream Chapter. Candidate Members can track their points using an online point tracker. The points are earned as follows:
- Submit required application – 1 Point
- Reach out and interact with an Executive Board member – 1 Point
- Attend scheduled NRHH meetings – 2 Points each
- Attend added meetings deemed necessary by the President – 1 Point each
- Submit a quality OTM – 2 Points each
- Attend NRHH events – 3 Points each
- Previous leadership positions associated with Residence Life - 1 point each
- Previous leadership positions on campus - 0.5 points each
Candidate Members may qualify for early induction in Fall 2020 if they complete 15 points by Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Otherwise candidate will have until mid-Spring 2021 to complete point qualificaitons.
All membership applications will be anonymously evaluated by NRHH members as they are submitted. Applicants will be notified of their status by no later than October 16, 2020. Those who have completed their Candidate Membership points requirements (15 points) will be requested to attend Fall 2020 Membership Induction.
Membership Induction for the Fall 2020 class will be October 25, 2020 at 1:00 PM. If you submit an application, we ask that you please hold this time in your calendar to be able to intend NRHH Induction if you are selected for membership.