NRHH Expects that:
All requests for NRHH funding must follow the procedures outlined on the funds request form at https://go.unl.edu/nrhhfundingrequest.
The funds must be used for activities that uphold the values of the National Residence Hall Honorary. Inappropriate requests for funds include requests for donations, requests for money that is used in an inappropriate way (i.e.: donations, activities against university policies or state and federal law), or to reimburse the organization after the event has taken place.
Guidelines for Requesting Funds:
- Complete the funds request form at https://go.unl.edu/nrhhfundingrequest. All boxes must be filled out.
- Submit the form by the 12:00 pm on the Thursday before the next Tuesday meeting to have your request heard – if you have any questions or concerns please send an email to the NRHH email firstname.lastname@example.org. NRHH execs meet every Friday to review requests to add to the agenda for the following Tuesday meeting at 5:00 p.m. in the Pioneers Room at the WCDC.
- A representative from your organization must be present to speak about your request OR a representative may also request a zoom link to zoom into the NRHH meeting to present.
- The NRHH Logo must be displayed on all advertising.
- NRHH encourages individuals/groups seeking funding to submit OTMs. Amount of past OTM submissions could impact the likelyhood of a request being considered.
- Those requesting funding for apparel should request a quote through Underground Printing (an approved UNL vendor) and show their request either matches or is less than the price break received through Underground Printing. UNL has a representative at this company, Mark (email@example.com), who can get significant discounts on t-shirts that has proven to reduce costs close to 50% of comparative shirt costs. Calling vendors and price checking can achieve great strides in gaining discounts for the institution and best utilizing student and student-raised funds.
- Failure to follow Funding Request Guidelines will result in a delay to your request being considered.
- Those who receive funding and do not appropriately advertise NRHH sponsorship or make no effort to follow the funding guidelines may risk future funding requests being denied by the organization for up to a year or more.